Monday, February 04, 2013

here we go again!




































Well, we're back at it again!



We're already a month into 2013 and my new photo-a-day blog is finally up and running.



I have to admit, I wasn't sure if I was going to do this again this year. While I'm in the habit of taking pictures (almost) everyday, I found that I got behind in posting my photos last year and that got me discouraged. As I decided to get all caught up on my photos from last year, I quickly realized how precious all these memories and photos are. I'm not able to scrapbook the way I used to, and I absolutely LOVE getting all of our everyday photos into a cute album at the end of the year...it is so amazing to see our whole year from start to finish like that! AND...posting the photos on my photo-a-day blog helps me stay committed to this project, as well as it gives my family and friends a little peek into our everyday life as well. So....it's a win-win situation. :)



I kind of have to admit though, while any photo of my children is precious to me personally, I feel like my photos are so boring! We've a had a very cold and dreary January so most of my photos are inside of my boring house (wink). So I need to commit to getting a bit more creative with my photo ideas. It's good for me as a photographer to challenge myself, and also just to make things a tad more interesting to look at. But...at the end of the day, my motto really is, any kind of photo is better than no photo at all!



So there ya go...2013, here we come!
Photobucket


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Talia, your photos are amazing! I am doing a picture-a-day again this year and for almost all my photos so far I have used my iphone. So I really need to pick up my camera more- ha!
But I agree about how these everyday moments are too good not to document!

I just can't decide which PL kit to buy this year- too many pretty choices! ;)

luv_my_lynns said...

I am so glad to see that you are doing this again. I love looking at your pictures, you kids are beautiful. I also have a 3 year old KK. They seem like they would get along good.

Unknown said...

cute pictures tal - we miss you guys!! and can i just say that Downton Abbey is my fave these days too!! wish we could watch it together.

Niki